Friday, December 25, 2009

My computer when i go to myspace, pops up a window that says: "click to run an activex control

I can't view anything on myspace, or photobucket or any webpage with any thing beyond texts! This stupid box keeps popping up for every slideshow, every song or any thing and it comes up as a broken quicktime link. It's really annoying because most times the web page will instantly give me 4 of those annoying boxes and then after i try to click them all and say "okay" an error box comes up and says that the internet explorer needs to close and i can choose to send the e-mail as a complaint or just cancel. I click cancel. I'm too confused to send it as a complaint. lol.



any help out there. I don't change my settings and one day it just suddenly did this. I need help:) so if you are good at computer and know why this is happening, let me know!



thanks, heidi



My computer when i go to myspace, pops up a window that says: "click to run an activex control on the webpage"

This is usually a bar at the top of the page. Some web pages require a special active x control, and you should download it for that page. By clicking all of them, you are apparently making a tragic error on explorer. Get the control the first time you go to the page and ignore it after that, because you have it.



My computer when i go to myspace, pops up a window that says: "click to run an activex control on the webpage"

sounds like you have a trojan horse or trojan drop



run your anit virus or spyware



also



go into control panel to internet options and delete cookies and any temporary internet files as these can have attachments



good luck



My computer when i go to myspace, pops up a window that says: "click to run an activex control on the webpage"

Have you empty out your (Temporary Internet Files) Folder and the same with your Cookie folder. I know it says sometime not to empty your cookies but i have been doing ths for years. Another thing is alot of companys are getting smarter cause when you click the little red X it doesn't always mean it shuts it down..it just make it popup. If you have a good virus scanner this will help. Also on your computer there is a program called Disk Cleanup..if you run it will start and then it will ask you what drives you want to clean..Check off the C:drive and also it will tell you what files do you want to clean..it has the Temporary Internet Files folder listed there also with recycled bin and more..if you check off what ones you have to clean it will help as well..and if you do this each time you have troubles it helps..



I hope this helps



I wish you luck



My computer when i go to myspace, pops up a window that says: "click to run an activex control on the webpage"

that happened to me when i was goin on someones page do not click ok click the to close it then everything will work fine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web page host